Mittwoch, 12. Dezember 2012

Let It Snow! Challenge 2: Inspired by a Holiday Song

Okay, this manicure is not to be taken very seriously. I admit that I didn't wear it very long after finishing it... we're talking about 2 hours max. But it was very fun creating it while listening to song that was my inspiration. :D

Do you know Rolf Zuckowski? He's a german composer and probably most known for his children's songs. My sisters and I used to have loads of tapes with his songs and we listened to them until they were done for. The most memorable songs to me are from a collection of Christmas songs and the most outstanding is called "In der Weihnachtsbäckerei" (christmas bakery; the server might be slow...). I still love that song so much! It's basically about children baking christmas cookies, the difficulties they're facing... but mostly about the mess they're creating.

So here's my Weihnachtsbäckerei-manicure. :D


I wanted to use a cookie dough colored polish as my base, but it appears that I don't own one. Probably, because the color doesn't go with my skintone. Anyway, I ended up mixing my cookie dough base. I think it turned out quite nice.


Next, I  thought about which parts of the song I wanted to recreate on my nails. On my pinky, I picked up the refrain "zwischen Mehl und Milch", so I sponged on some white and white glittery polish to represent that. On ring- and middlefinger nails, I splattered some brown polish to represent the chocolate they're using in the song. I also added the spilled egg from the song on my middlefinger. My index is more of creative interpretation of the decoration... basically remembering how it was when my family made cookies. All sorts of sprinkles and chocolate to create the ultimate decoration (= more or less unrecognizable mess)!


Honestly, I can't say what polishes I used for this manicure. I just grabbed and used what I wanted. At least I can proudly say that I did not use acrylic paints this time, haha.

Now that I wrote this post, I probably can't get the song out of my head for the rest of my day again. That's how addictive it is. :D

Do you have similar Christmas songs in your country? Or Christmas songs from your childhood that you still love? I would love to hear them!


4 Kommentare:

  1. This is sooooo well done, I love it, great work!

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Cute xD I totally want cookies now. It's really interesting to hear about another culture's song too! =)

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Gosh, I love your mani and the song! It's a great one to sing along. Funny thing, two of my piano students requested it and now they complain that it's "too difficult". I wonder what they'd say about your lovely mani :)

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Wow, the middle finger looks like a nuclear bomb, very cool, now to YouTube the song!

    AntwortenLöschen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...