Samstag, 11. August 2012

Kiko 399 - Silk Taupe (Swatch)

Here I am again with another picture spam involving the new holographic polishes from the Lavish Oriental LE by Kiko. I'm still amazed... and I'm so glad that we currently have sunny weather in my region. Perfect conditions to try out my new bunch of holos~

So after yesterday's post about the teal holo called Peacock Green, I want to present some many pictures of Kiko 399 today, a shade called Silk Taupe.




Compared to Peacock Green, the holo effect is quite a bit stronger. Even my crappy camera shows the full holo-V! For my pictures, I applied two coats and it appeared to be opaque. Although, right now, my nails are rather short, so if you have longer nails, you might need three. Since it is so easy to apply and dries quickly, this won't be problematic though. Like yesterday, I used no base or top coat.




Silk Taupe is a really light delicate color. Maybe my definition of what a taupe looks like differs from Kiko's, but to me Silk Taupe is no taupe shade. It's a beautiful greige that goes surprisingly well with my skintone. I can imagine this as a nice office color for all those that can't wear bright nail polish to work, but still love to wear something with a twist. On my pictures it looks quite silvery, but it's definitely no silver holo.




There's not much to add here. Silk Taupe behaves just like Peacock Green... flawless and easy to apply and it's quite shiny on its own. The holo effect stays very visible in indirect lighting too.



What do you think about this beauty? I think I really like it... it's probably going to be a color I'll reach out to whenever I feel like something calm. And yeah, that happens too. I just feel kinda bad if I'm uncreative and wearing a nail polish all on its own, hehe.

5 Kommentare:

  1. Ich wollte dir den Swatch schicken, aber deine Mail Adresse hab ich nirgends gefunden :(

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. stimmt, ist meiner letzten Aufräumaktion wohl zum Opfer gefallen. :(
      Die Adresse ist kayono[at]hotmail.de

      Löschen
  2. find den richtig mega schön!:)♥ Du hast tolle Nägel:D
    lust mir zu folgen?: http://sweet-kisses-lie.blogspot.de

    LG

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Der ist ja fast noch schöner als der pinke ! *.*

    AntwortenLöschen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...