Sonntag, 22. Juli 2012

Another try on the water marble

Hi everyone!

I hope everybody is having a nice sunday doing something fun and relaxing! We finally got a day of sun here, so I really enjoyed taking a long walk with my dog earlier today. Now, I'm looking forward to the coming week supposedly being a sunny one!

The manicure I want to post about today is an old one. I did this sometime in June, I think. Not sure. It was the weekend after I got myself a set of Color Club neons from my local TK Maxx, that's for sure. I still haven't identified the set as the set and the polishes inside weren't labeled. But they were so bright and fun looking that I decided to try my luck with watermarbling again.


First of all, I painted my nails white to make the neons pop. Some say it's not necessary, I prefered to do so. For the marble, I used some bottled water that had no gas inside anymore (bleh...). Conviniently, it was room temperature too.

From the set, I picked a yellow, orange, pink and violet to marble with. The colors spread out okay, but I really have to get faster at drawing my patterns. I used a sewing pin to do so and it worked well, as long as I was fast enough. Also, I remembered taping my fingers this time which proved to be helpful.


The violet seems to be really sheer when used as a marble color, because I barely shows up. The orange and yellow blended a little bit too much, but I liked the look nevertheless. I'm not so happy with those huge air bubbles that formed though. Is there any trick to prevent those?


In the end, I took off all of the marbles except the ring finger one, the prettiest in my opinion, and re-painted them using a violet similar to that washed out one from the marble. I didn't take any pictures though. Even though only one nail was neon colored, the whole thing was still very bright for me. I think the whole marble would have been too bright for work anyway.


What do you think? Any tips to share? Does anyone know what Color Club neon set these might be from?

Have a great sunday! Until next time~

8 Kommentare:

  1. http://www.lacquerish.com/2011/07/nail-art-water-marble-secrets-revealed.html

    This link has the best info on water marbeling I have ever seen. It actually made me have success and cured my constant water bubble problem. The secret is the angle you dip your finger in and take it out.

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Nice color combination, brightens you day!
    Have a great week!

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Wow, die Farben knallen ja mal richtig :D

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Ich muss das die Tage noch mal ausprobieren mit diesen Farben... und den neuen Tipps, wie man's richtig macht xD jetzt, wo mal schönes wetter ist~

      Löschen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...