Sonntag, 8. April 2012

Spring Challenge 1: Spring Pastels

Happy Easter everyone! I hope you have a great weekend! It's nice and sunny here, but so cold... so we ended up not doing our annual Easter stroll. xD

Since I finished my first challenge, the Girly Girl Nail Art Challenge, I was keeping my eyes open for another challenge that sounds fun and is flexible timewise. The other day I stumbled upon a challenge hosted by Hannah from Polished Prisms called "April Showers Bring May Flowers. A Spring themed Manicure Challenge". It contains a total of 14 different themes without a set timeframe, which made it very appealing to me. Here's a chart of the themes:


Sounds fun, I think. I'm going to try this challenge from today on! I think I'm going to try to do 2-3 of the themes each week. I'll probably settle with Thursdays and Sundays as these are usually my days off. If I'm in the mood and have enough time, I'll try to do a third inbetween these days. Which means that this challenge will keep me busy for a minimum of 4 weeks. Sounds do-able.

So first theme is spring pastels. This is kind of convenient, because Easter is always a pastel colored holiday for me. I used to paint eggs in all kinds of pastel colors and patterns. I usually even wear a lot of pastel colored clothes around this time of the year. I used quite a few pastel nail polishes lately, even though I haven't posted most of those manicures yet. One color has been missing though, which is pastel pink. Last friday night (...xD) I decided that I would do a quick Easter themed manicure to calm down my nerves. I was really nervous because I was writing a job application... I don't know it always wrecks me...

Here's my quick and easy Easter manicure. Nothing special, but I like it.


I used two coats of a pastel pink polish by Jade, that I got from my mom a few weeks ago. It is kind of old and a little goopy. I like the color though. On my ring finger and thumb I used three coats of essie Marshmallow. I hadn't used this in a while, but I think it's actually a little bit too milky white for what I intended to do. The white is acrylic paint, the eggs, grass and odd flowers were painted using various Catrice polishes.

I like how the bunny turned out. It's a little on the heavy side... (We actually had bunny for lunch today...)


My camera had a hard time with this manicure. Not enough contrast, I guess.

Next theme for this challenge are ladybugs... I don't really have an idea yet...

The list of participants for this challenge is still growing. I think it's convenient to have it under the blog posts. Please take a look at the other participants manicures! Thank you~

Amanda from Mandy's Polish
Heidi from DIY Polish & More!
Katee from A Girl and Her Polish 
Charlotte from Charlotte's Nails
Tess from Football and Fingernails
Karine at Karinea0a
Victoria from Manicurator
Ashley from One Nail To Another
Dani from Rustic Comfort
Sue from Creative Nail Design by Sue
Jess from Nearly Natural Nails
and of course Hannah herself from Polished Prims

Have a nice day!

11 Kommentare:

  1. Mal wieder sehr sehr gut gemacht. Gefällt mir.

    Liebe Grüße,
    Elena

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. WOW! Amazing nail art and so cute! :)

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. I love the hidden eggs and this challenge. Happy Easter!

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Too cute! I love the bunny! All of it together reminds me of the Japanese fabrics over here. Happy Easter!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. You are right! I have a wallet made from those Japanese fabrics with bunnies. I hadn't thought about those yet!

      Actually... I wish I was patient enough lately... Japanese fabrics in general are such a great source of inspiration to me...

      Löschen
  5. This is fantastic. Your bunny is really cute. =)

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. So cute! And the bunny is adorable!

    AntwortenLöschen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...