Donnerstag, 5. April 2012

Ruffian using Catrice Houston's Favorite

What I'm going to show you today is actually a pre-challenge mani. I never got around to post it, but the day has finally come. This is my first try on the ruffian manicure. The one I did for Challenge Day 1 was my second.



The polishes I used for this mani are Catrice Houston's Favorite from the Out of Space LE from 2011 and essence white glam, a recently discontinued polish from their French collection.
First of all, I painted my nails with two coats of white glam. I really like this one. I only got it when it was on sale due to the discontinuation and then even got mysef a second bottle, because I think it's a nice base for a franken polish I have in mind.



When that was dry, I applied one coat of Catrice Houston's Favorite. It covered quite well and the brush made it easy to create the ruffian too. I think it came out quite well. The polish is a very dark teal leaning blue. I love this color and the pretty shimmer to it.

Since I really like the base color too, I took some quick pictures before covering it up.



white glam is a milky white with tiny light green glitter inside. It just seemed like the perfect underwear for Houston's Favorite. I used this one a couple of times now and I'm quite sad that it is not available anymore. I would probably not wear it alone though... too sheer.

After two days, I added two coats of essence Dancing Top Coat to the mani and mattified it. The effect is great. Houston's Favorite looks green now, not teal anymore and the flakies really pop. The pictures don't show the change in color though.



What do you think? I'm starting to feel that I need more flaky polishes. Like a pretty green/blue shifting one... Aaah...

4 Kommentare:

  1. I can't believe you free handed that! It looks perfect!

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. I love the final result, it's gorgeous.

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. i have to ask you- how do you get that clean spacing between the polish and the cuticle area? my cuticles are always messy with nail polish. http://tryitwithcarmella.blogspot.com/search/label/nails

    AntwortenLöschen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...