Dienstag, 20. März 2012

Girly-Girl Nail Art Challenge: Day 5, Gotta Love Chick Flicks!

So today is Tuesday again, which means girly-girl nail art time! I wasn't sure if I would like today's theme, because it's nail art inspired by your favourite chick flick. Hm. This isn't exactly the kind of movie I like to watch, so I actually had to search the internet for a little bit, until I found something inspiring me. But I found something!


Some of the few "chick flicks" I have watched are the Bridget Jones movies. And here I found my inspiration: Bridget's pyjamas! I know they are a bit christmas-y, but I didn't care very much... I like penguins! Even in spring!


This is the picture that insprired me. This time, I didn't exactly try to copy my inspiration. Only partly xD


I recently got a lot of old polishes from my mom. She's mostly a red person, so most were red polishes. Perfect, because I own even more yellows than reds! I chose one of the polishes I got from her: a classic red by the brand Jade (Maybelline). It was a little goopy, but nothing a few drops of thinner couldn't handle. What surprised me, though, was the smell! It smells almost as bad as Model's Own polishes. I don't think the polishes still smell like that...


The red polish dried really slowly. I painted all my nails on both hands, nail art an all and when I applied my top coat almost an hour later, I would still drag the red! Luckily, it doesn't show up very much.


The black and white are acrylic paint as usual. I originally planned to use my striping polishes, but I couldn't get the caps off as much as I tried (with freshly painted nails...). Oh well. The orange and blue for the penguins are polish though.


Well, since my top coat dragged the colors a little bit, the lines aren't as crisp anymore, but I still like how it turned out. It felt weird wearing red polish though. It still is a very unusual color for me, which is weird, because I wear red clothes a lot...


That's all the picture spam for today. I can't wait to see everybody else's nail art! Please take the time and check out their blogs!

Stephanie of A Little Polish
Kelly of DevilishPolish
Jodi of Captivating Claws
Danielle of Lacquer Lover
Elly of Polishable
Olivia of Unprofessional Nails
Kate of This Charming Kate
Bethany of  A Plethora of Nails
Lizzy of The Do It Yourself Lady
Eugenia of Talon-ted
Lindsey of Neverland Nail Blog
Amanda of Nox Nails
Ashley of Smashley Sparkles
Sarah of See Sarah Swatch
Emily of The Lacquerologist
Jess of LuvMyLacquer
Tressa of O' Natur Nail
Amanda of Berry Polished 
Robin, Erin, and Anna of Polished Cousins
Bonny of Over Stuffed 
Taylor of REJOICE! 
Jess of Nearly Natural Nails

13 Kommentare:

  1. How adorable! I love penguins =D

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Omg your penguins turned out amazing! They are so small yet still so detailed, I can't believe they are free-hand! Thanks for sharing, these challenges are so fun :)
    ~Amanda of berrypolished.com

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. These are incredible! You did such a great job on these!

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. These are so cute! Your penguins turned out absolutely perfect. I love it.

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. Aaaiii, Pinguine :D.
    Sehr süß geworden :).
    Ich mag aber auch keinen roten Nagellack und deswegen hab ich auch nichtmal welchen.
    Ist einfach nicht so die Farbe, die ich auf Nägeln mag :p.

    Liebe Grüße, Jenny

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. oh my!!! fantastic! i love the penguins!!!

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. I love bridget jones! That totally looks like her PJ's, what a cool idea!! Great mani =)

    AntwortenLöschen
  8. Wow!!! This mani is so freakin' cute! Love the penguins, awesome job!!!

    AntwortenLöschen
  9. OMG! It's adorable! You did an awesome job! I love it!

    AntwortenLöschen
  10. Cute! This is one of my favourite movies.

    AntwortenLöschen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...